Human Resources Director
Our manufacturing plant and its staff in West Union, OH are growing, and offer an excellent opportunity for someone to make a real impact on the organization. This professional will perform generalist HR duties in the areas of associate relations, policy interpretation and application, non-exempt staffing, and providing support to payroll & benefits issues. You will be part of a great team that builds high-quality filtration products for major OEMs and distributorships around the world!
- Be a business partner to plant management in areas of leadership training and development, aimed at coaching our current and aspiring Team Leaders and their Supervisors about how to show empathy, and be fair and firm as required in their daily interactions with plant manufacturing staff.
- Develop a best in class onboarding program that is engaging and meaningful, introducing our company policies and benefit/employment programs available for all new hires; sign up new employees for various programs. Make the introduction of new hires to leadership and our operation, in a way that creates a great first and lasting impression as a good place to work.
- Develop recommendations and coordinate associate relations activities and special projects to maintain a positive employer-associate relationship and maintain morale.
- Conduct investigations of alleged misconduct, and submit findings and recommendations to management. Assist supervisors with disciplinary and other personnel actions. Coach Supervisors about handling performance and behavioral issues in a fair but firm manner.
- Interpret policies, answer questions, and counsel associates regarding policies, benefits, and payroll. Assist in producing and maintaining policies in employee handbook.
- Coordinate the plant’s responses to unemployment claims, employment verifications, and other third party agency requests.
- Coordinate non-exempt job placement including posting jobs, evaluating applications, interviewing candidates, scheduling employment tests, and extending offers. Keep organizational charts and job descriptions updated.
- Complete regular reports as required (e.g., headcount, turnover absenteeism, payroll, etc.).
- Work in coordination with the Environmental Health & Safety Manager to reduce workplace injuries, provide for safety PPE and safety training, and documenting incidents in the absence of a plant-based resource for EH&S.
- Organize and conduct special events such as company events, blood drives, employee discount programs, other programs you will help to create, etc…
- Processes leave of absence requests including FMLA administration.
- Administers employee benefits programs such as retirement plans; medical/dental plans; term life insurance plans; temporary disability programs; and accidental death policies.
- Overnight travel will be required, averaging 10%.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors’ Degree in HR, Business, or other related area, plus a minimum of 5 years’ experience in HR (or equivalent in experience and other education).
- Broad knowledge of Human Resources and especially associate relations practices.
- Organizational and leadership/management skills.
- Mathematical, analytical, and computer skills emphasizing the use of Microsoft Office.
- Strong verbal, written, and cross-culture communication skills, emphasizing interpersonal and group communication skills.